-
January 9th, 2005, 02:47 AM
#1
Inactive Member
I just received an M2 8mm camera and its in top notch condition and I was told it works but I put the batteries in and the motor still doesnt run when I press the exposure button. Does the camera have to be loaded with film first in order for the motor to run. Please give a shout out if you have any idea whether this iss true for this camera or many other 8mm, this would be my first one.
-
January 9th, 2005, 12:54 PM
#2
Inactive Member
If there are no obvious battery leakage problems on the contacts then I may have a solution.
Take the camera apart by removing the 2 screws in the battery compartment. When those screws are removed the camera should simply crack open into to two halves. Don't worry nothing will come flying out or break. The problem with my Kodak M2 is that the two metal contacts on the inside of the grey side of the camera never make a good connection with the motor contacts of the blue side. Try bending the them a bit so that when the camera is put back together they might get together better. This would always work on mine for awhile before stopping again, maybe you can't get yours to work and hold [img]graemlins/camera.gif[/img]
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks